Foxborough Power Forward
Welcome to Foxborough Power Forward, the Town of Foxborough’s municipal electricity aggregation program.
Electricity aggregation is a form of group purchasing in which a city or town selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the electricity supply charges on your National Grid bill. Foxborough developed the program as a way to provide price stability and cost savings to the community.
All National Grid Basic Service customers in Foxborough will be automatically enrolled in Foxborough Power Forward unless they choose not to participate, which is known as opting out.
- If you participate: National Grid will continue to deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and bill you, but they will not be your electricity supplier. Instead, Foxborough will choose your electricity supplier. Foxborough has negotiated a 19-month contract with Public Power, LLC, for 9.203 ¢/kWh, which began in March 2017. Your National Grid bill will show this as your electricity supply rate. Delivery charges will be unaffected by this program.
- If you do not participate: National Grid will continue to be your electricity supplier. This is known as National Grid Basic Service.
Foxborough Power Forward offers participants two options:
- Power Foward Standard: This is the default option. All program participants are automatically enrolled in Power Forward Standard. Like National Grid Basic Service, Power Forward Standard meets the minimum Massachusetts requirements for integrating renewable energy.
- Power Forward Green: This option allows you to make your electricity 100% green with a focus on locally produced renewable energy. Power Forward Green includes 20% from new renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the 12% required by Massachusetts law.
Foxborough has negotiated an electricity supply price that is below current National Grid Basic Service rates. However, National Grid residential and commercial prices change every six months, and industrial prices change monthly. As a result, the program price will likely not always be below the National Grid Basic Service Price.
The Power Forward Program goal is to deliver savings when compared with the average of National Grid’s changing prices.
The program offers two new alternatives to National Grid Basic Service: Power Forward Standard and, for those who wish to make a more significant commitment to renewable energy, Power Forward Green, which is 100% green. Learn more about the pricing and energy mix for each option.
Your electricity supply price will not change before your October 2018 meter read. (National Grid prices change twice a year or more, depending on rate class.) All program terms are public, and there are no hidden costs.
Your relationship with National Grid
Your primary relationship for electricity will be with National Grid. Participating in Foxborough Power Forward impacts only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your National Grid bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see Public Power printed as a line item for supply services, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your bill will come from National Grid.
- You will send bill payments to National Grid.
- You will call National Grid if your power goes out.
If you are on a budget plan or are eligible for a low-income delivery rate or fuel assistance, you continue to receive those benefits as a participant in Foxborough Power Forward.
How to join the program
All eligible residents and businesses will be automatically enrolled in the program. Eligible customers included residential and commercial National Grid Basic Service customers within the geographic boundaries of Foxborough.
New in town? New Foxborough residents who become National Grid Basic Service customers are eligible to participate in the program. You will receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out. If you do not opt out, you will be automatically enrolled. As an alternative, contact Public Power at 1-800-830-2944 and ask to join.
Adding an electricity account? You will receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out for that account. If you do not opt out, your new electricity account will be automatically enrolled in the program.
Have a contract with a different electricity supplier? You will not automatically be enrolled, but you may participate in the program if you wish. We recommend that you carefully check the terms and conditions of your supplier agreement. Your ability to terminate your agreement with your supplier may be restricted. If you decide to join the program, Contact Public Power at 1-800-830-2944 and ask to join.