Example Eversource bill
Your Eversource electric bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery Charges – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply Charges – The cost of the electricity you use.
Bellingham Power Choice will impact only the Supply Charges portion of your Eversource electric bill. Eversource’s Delivery Charges are not impacted by your participation in Bellingham Power Choice.
As a participant in Bellingham Power Choice, you will see two changes on your Eversource electric bill:
- Bellingham’s electricity supplier, NextEra Energy, will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier.
- Eversource will use a Bellingham Power Choice price to calculate the Supply Charges portion of your electric bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
Here’s what to look for on your Eversource bill:
Page 1 of your bill:
Your electricity supplier is listed on the first page of your bill.
If you are enrolled in Bellingham Power Choice, you will see NEXTERA ENGYSV-BELLINGHAM POWER CH listed as your electricity supplier.
Below that text, you will see NextEra Energy contact information:
20455 State Highway 249, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77070
While we recommend contacting customer support with the Town’s consultants for help with the program, you may also contact NextEra Energy directly if you wish.
Page 2 of your bill:
The price that is used to calculate the Supply Charges (your electricity supply price) portion of your bill is on the second page.
Look below the Supplier header and find the row labeled Generation Srvc Chrg.
Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity Supply Charges.
- The first number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.
- The second number is your electricity supply price. That price will reflect which program option you are enrolled in. Bellingham Power Choice program has two options, and each option has a different price. The graphic below shows you the price you will see for each option.