Example Eversource bill
Your Eversource electricity bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery charges – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply charges – The cost of the electricity you use.
Lexington’s Community Choice program will impact only the supply charge portion of your Eversource electricity bill. Eversource’s delivery charges are not impacted by your participation in Lexington’s Community Choice program.
As a participant in Lexington’s Community Choice program, you will see two changes on your Eversource electricity bill:
- Lexington’s electricity supplier, Constellation, will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier
- Eversource will use a Lexington price to calculate the supply charge portion of your electricity bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
Here’s what to look for on your Eversource bill:
Page 1 of your bill:
Your electricity supplier is listed on the first page of your bill.
If you are enrolled in Lexington’s Community Choice program, you will see Constellation NewEnergy, Inc. listed as your electricity supplier. Below that text, you will see Constellation contact information:
PO Box 5471
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5471
While we recommend contacting customer support with the Town’s consultants for help with the program, you may also contact Constellation directly if you wish.
Page 2 of your bill:
The price that is used to calculate your supply charges (your electricity supply price) is on the second page of your bill.
Look below the Supplier header and find the row labeled Generation Srvc Chrg.
Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity supply charges.
- The first number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.
- The second number is your electricity supply price. That price will reflect which program option you are enrolled in. Lexington’s Community Choice program has three options, and each option has a different price:
- $0.10800 – 100% Green
- $0.13219 – New England Green
- $0.09935 – Basic