Natick Electricity Aggregation Program
Welcome to the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program, a Town electricity program that gives Natick residents and businesses an electricity supply alternative to Eversource, while also helping to support the Town’s sustainability efforts.
The program is an electricity aggregation. Electricity aggregation is a form of group purchasing in which a city or town selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the electricity supply charges on your Eversource bill. Natick developed the program as a way to provide price stability and cost savings to the community.
Natick has negotiated a 6-month contract with NextEra Energy Services Massachusetts, LLC, for 9.65 ¢/kWh.
If you are already participating in Natick’s aggregation (ConEdison Solutions is listed as your supplier on your electric bill), your account will be automatically enrolled under the Town’s new contract with NextEra Energy Services, unless you opt out.
- If you participate: Eversource will deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and bill you, but they will not be your electricity supplier. Instead, Natick will choose your electricity supplier. Your Eversource bill will show the program rate as your electricity supply rate. Delivery charges will be unaffected by this program.
- If you do not participate: You will be placed on Eversource Basic Service, and Eversource will be your electricity supplier.
All new Eversource Basic Service customers in Natick are automatically enrolled in the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program unless they choose not to participate, or opt out.
If you opted out of the program under the previous electricity supply contract, but you would like to rejoin the program under the new contract, you may opt back in by calling NextEra Energy Services at 1-855-259-1181.
The Natick Electricity Aggregation Program offers participants two options:
- Standard Offering: This is the default option. The Standard Offering is available for 9.65 ¢/kWh. All program participants are automatically enrolled in the Standard Offering. Like Eversource Basic Service, the Standard Offering meets the minimum Massachusetts requirements for integrating renewable energy.
- Greener Option: This option allows you to make your electricity 100% green with a focus on locally produced renewable energy. Specifically, the Greener Option includes 20% energy from new renewable energy projects (new renewable energy projects that came into operation in 1998 or later), in addition to the 12% required by Massachusetts law. The Greener Option is available for 10.183 ¢/kWh. To choose the Greener Option, contact NextEra Energy Services at 1-855-259-1181.
Natick has negotiated an electricity supply price that is below the Eversource 2017 winter price and also 3.67 ¢/kWh below the previous residential program price. Program participants can be assured of savings for the duration of this contract because neither the contract price nor Eversource pricing will change during the contract period.
The program offers two alternatives to Eversource Basic Service: the Standard Offering and, for those who wish to make a more significant commitment to renewable energy, the Greener Option, which is 100% green. Learn more about the pricing and energy mix for each option.
Natick has negotiated a contract with NextEra Energy Service through a public RFP process. All program terms are public, and there are no hidden costs. You will receive a fixed rate for the duration of the current contract, which goes until July 2017 meter reads. You may leave the program at any time with no penalty.
Your relationship with Eversource
Your primary relationship for electricity will be with Eversource. Participating in Natick Power Choice changes only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see printed as a line item for supply services, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your electric bill will come from Eversource.
- You will send bill payments to Eversource.
- You will call Eversource if your power goes out.
If you are eligible for a low-income delivery rate or fuel assistance, you continue to receive those benefits as a participant in the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program.
How to join the program
All metered electricity customers within the geographic boundaries of Natick are eligible to participate. All new Eversource Basic Service customers, including both residents and businesses, are automatically enrolled in the program.
New in town? New Natick residents who become Eversource Basic Service customers are automatically enrolled in the program. You should receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out at any time. You may contact the program electricity supplier, NextEra Energy Services directly at 1-855-259-1181 to opt out.
Adding an electricity account? Your account will be automatically enrolled in the program. You will also receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out for that account.
Have a contract with a different electricity supplier? You will not be automatically enrolled in the program, but you are welcome to join. Before joining, we recommend that you carefully check the terms and conditions of your supplier agreement. Your ability to terminate your agreement with your supplier may be restricted. If you wish to join, contact the program electricity supplier, NextEra Energy Services, at 1-855-259-1181 and ask to join.
Previously opted out and want to rejoin the program? If you opted out under the previous electricity supply contract and pricing with ConEdison Solutions, you will not be automatically re-enrolled in the program under the new contract and pricing with NextEra Energy Services. However, you may rejoin the program to take advantage of the new, lower program price. To opt back in to the program, contact NextEra Energy Services directly at 1-855-259-1181.