Example National Grid bill
Your National electric bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery Services charges – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply Services charges – The cost of the electricity you use.
The list of Delivery Services charges appears on the first page of your bill as the first set of charges you see. Delivery Services charges are not impacted by your participation in the Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program. These charges are regulated.
To find the Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program on your bill, move past the Delivery Services charges and look for Supply Services charges.
The second part of your bill is Supply Services. It typically appears on the bottom of the first page or at the top of the second page of your bill. Supply Services charges are impacted by your participation in the Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program. As a participant in the Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program, you will see two changes in the Supply Services portion of your National Grid electric bill:
- Worcester’s electricity supplier, Direct Energy, will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier. Look for the text Direct Energy – Worc Electric Aggregation through December 2022, and beginning in January 2023, look for Direct Energy – Green Worc Electricity. Below that, you will find their contact information:
PO Box 180, Tulsa, OK, 74101-0180 – Phone: 1-866-968-8065
For help with the program, you may contact Direct Energy if you wish, but we recommend first contacting customer support with Worcester’s program consultants.
- National Grid will use the Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program price to calculate the Supply Services portion of your electric bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
- To find your supply price, look below the supplier information and find the row labeled Electricity Supply. Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity supply charges.
- The first number is your electricity supply price. That price will reflect which program option you are enrolled in. The Green Worcester ElectriCITY Aggregation Program has two options, and each option has a different price. The graphic below shows you the price you will see for each option.
- The second number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.