Example Eversource bill
Your Eversource electric bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery charges – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply charges – The cost of the electricity you use.
The Cambridge Community Electricity Program will impact only the Supply portion of your Eversource electric bill. Eversource’s Delivery charges are not impacted by your participation in the Cambridge Community Electricity Program.
As a participant in the Cambridge Community Electricity Program, you will see two changes on your Eversource electric bill:
- Cambridge’s electricity supplier, Direct Energy, will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier.
- Eversource will use the Cambridge Community Electricity Program price to calculate the Supply charge portion of your electric bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
Here’s what to look for on your Eversource bill:
Page 1 of your bill:
Your electricity supplier is listed on the first page of your bill.
If you are enrolled in the Cambridge Community Electricity Program, you will see Cambridge Comm Elec Direct Energy listed as your electricity supplier.
Below that text, you will see Direct Energy’s contact information:
P.O. Box 180
Tulsa, OK 74101-0180
While we recommend contacting customer support with the City’s consultants for help with the program, you may also contact Direct Energy directly if you wish.
Page 2 of your bill:
The price that is used to calculate your Supply charges (your electricity supply price) is on the second page of your bill.
Look below the Supplier header and find the row labeled Generation Srvc Chrg.
Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity Supply charges.
- The first number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.
- The second number is your electricity supply price. That price will reflect which program option you are enrolled in. The Cambridge Community Electricity Program has two options, and each option has a different price:
- $0.13669 – 100% Green Plus
- $0.10200 – Standard Green