Example National Grid bill
Your National Grid electric bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery Services charge – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply Services charge – The cost of the electricity you use.
The list of Delivery Services charges appears on the first page of your bill and is the first set of charges you see. Delivery Services charges are not impacted by your participation in Chelmsford Choice. These charges are regulated.
To find Chelmsford Choice on your bill, move past the Delivery Services charges and look for the Supply Services charge.
The second part of your bill is the Supply Services charge. It typically appears on the bottom of the first page or at the top of the second page of your bill. The Supply Services charge is impacted by your participation in Chelmsford Choice. As a participant in Chelmsford Choice, you will see two changes in the Supply Services portion of your National Grid electric bill:
- Chelmsford’s electricity supplier, Dynegy, will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier. Look for the text Dynegy – Chelmsford Choice. Below that you will find your supplier’s contact information:
6555 Sierra Drive
Irving, TX 75039
1-866-694-1262For help with the program, you may contact Dynegy if you wish, but we recommend first contacting customer support with Chelmsford’s program consultants.
- National Grid will use a Chelmsford Choice price to calculate the Supply Services portion of your electric bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
- To find your supply price, look below the supplier information and find the row labeled Electricity Supply. Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity supply charge.
- The first number is your electricity supply price. That price will reflect which program option you are enrolled in. Chelmsford Choice has three options, and each option has a different price. The graphic below shows you the price you will see for each option.
- The second number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.