Example Eversource bill
Your Eversource electric bill is calculated by adding two charges together:
- Delivery charge – The cost to deliver electricity to you, maintain the poles and wires, and address power outages.
- Supply charge – The cost of the electricity you use.
Framingham Community Electricity will impact only the Supply charge portion of your Eversource electric bill. Eversource’s Delivery charge will not be impacted by your participation in Framingham Community Electricity.
As a participant in Framingham Community Electricity, you will see two changes on your Eversource electric bill:
- Framingham’s electricity supplier will be listed on your bill as your electricity supplier.
- Eversource will use a Framingham Community Electricity price to calculate the Supply charge on your electric bill instead of their own Basic Service price.
Here’s what to look for on your Eversource bill:
Page 1 of your bill:
Your electricity supplier is listed on the first page of your bill.
If you are enrolled in Framingham Community Electricity, you will see Framingham’s electricity supplier listed as your electricity supplier, followed by their contact information. While we recommend contacting customer support with the Town’s consultants for help with the program, you may also contact Framingham’s electricity supplier directly if you wish.
Page 2 of your bill:
The price that is used to calculate your Supply charge (your electricity supply price) is on the second page of your bill.
Look below the Supplier header and find the row labeled Generation Srvc Chrg.
Look to the right to the math problem in parentheses. This is the calculation for your electricity Supply charge.
- The first number is the amount of electricity you used in the previous billing cycle.
- The second number is your electricity supply price. That price will be a Framingham Electricity Choice price. The program will have options, and each option will have a different price.