Why opt up to 100% Green
With Watertown Electricity Choice 100% Green, you will receive 100% renewable electricity, and it will all be from new renewable energy projects in the New England region (MA Class I RECs). This New England focus makes Watertown’s 100% Green option different from Watertown’s Standard option, and different from most other 100%-renewable energy offers you will see in the marketplace.
Buying local matters when it comes to renewable energy.
Purchasing your electricity from renewable energy projects within the New England power grid means your choice has a local impact. By choosing 100% Green and 100% renewable electricity from New England, you will make an important contribution to:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in New England, because you are buying electricity from the local grid.
- Creating demand for more renewable energy on our regional power grid, which helps to drive the development of new renewable energy projects here in New England.
- Supporting regional renewable energy businesses and the jobs that go with them.
- Reducing regional air pollution.
100% Green from Watertown Electricity Choice also offers the same robust benefits that are available for all options in Watertown Electricity Choice:
- A fixed, stable price that will not change seasonally. The current price is fixed until December 2026.
- Consumer protections, including the ability to opt out or change from one option to another at any time with no fee or penalty.